Sunday, August 21, 2011

Helping the Homeless

...
From my email...

A man was walking down the street when he was stopped by a particularly dirty, shabby looking homeless man, who asked him for a couple of dollars for some dinner.

The man took out his wallet, removed ten dollars and asked, “If I give you this money will you buy beer with it, instead of dinner:”

”No, I stopped drinking years ago,” the homeless man replied.

”Will you use it go go fishing instead of buying food?”, the man asked.
 ”No, I don’t waste time fishing,” the homeless man said, “I need to spend all my time trying to stay alive.”

”Will you spend this on green fees at a Golf course, instead of food?’, the man asked.

”Are you nuts!” replied the homeless man. “I haven’t played golf in 20 years!”

”Will you spend the money on a woman in the red light district, instead of food?”, once again the man asked.

”What and get a disease for ten lousy bucks?”, exclaimed the homeless man.

”Well,” said the man, “I’m not going to give you the money. Instead, I’m going to take you home for a terrific dinner cooked by my wife.”

The homeless man was astounded.

”Won’t your wife be furious with you for doing that?. I know I’m dirty and I probably smell pretty disgusting.”

The man replied, “That’s okay, it’s important for her to see what a man looks like, after he has given up beer, fishing, golf and sex!”

No comments: