Wednesday, September 19, 2007

NFL Week 3 - predictions

I was 10-6 picking winners in Week 2. After 2 weeks, I'm 21-11 picking winners after two weeks. Not wonderful.

Last week, my Chargers lost 38-14 in a game that wasn't that close. The Patriots lead 24-0 at the half and 31-7 in the 4th quarter. The Chargers offense was pathetic - they never established the running game and the pass protection was poor. Philip Rivers turned the ball over with 2 interceptions and one fumble. The Bolts defense was equally poor - giving up over 400 yards on Tom Brady's pinpoint passing and late running yards in garbage time. The defense had only two sacks and an interception on a tip. Are the Chargers the team everybody thinks they should be? Does the coach and staff make that much difference? Or were they outcoached by Bill Belichick?

My Chargers are favored by 5 points over Green Bay on the road this week. My prediction for the game is Chargers 24, Packers 20.

My picks for Week 3 are:

San Diego (1-1) over Green Bay (2-0) (H)
Indianapolis (2-0) over Houston (2-0) (H)
Minnesota (1-1) over Kansas City (0-2) (H)
Detroit (2-0) over Philadelphia (0-2) (H)
New England (2-0) (H) over Buffalo (0-2)
Miami (0-2) over NY Jets (0-2) (H)
Pittsburgh (2-0) (H) over San Francisco (2-0)
Baltimore (1-1) (H) over Arizona (1-1)
Tampa Bay (1-1) (H) over St. Louis (0-2)
Denver (2-0) (H) over Jacksonville (1-1)
Cincinnati (1-1) over Seattle (1-1) (H)
Cleveland (1-1) over Oakland (0-2) (H)
Carolina (1-1) over Atlanta (0-2) (H)
Washington (2-0) (H) over NY Giants (0-2)
Dallas (2-0) over Chicago (1-1) (H)
Tennessee (1-1) over New Orleans (0-2) (H)

Go Chargers! please...

Results from Week 3:

I managed to picked 8 winners out of 16 games, missing on almost all of my upsets (the only one I got was Tennessee). After 3 weeks, I'm 29-19 picking winners. Not good!

No comments: