Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Our New England Vacation

Linda and I went to New England on vacation, leaving on 22 August and returning on 3 September. We visited with my cousins in Salem NH and Westford MA, and with my Aunt Gerry and her husband in Augusta ME.

We visited Portsmouth NH Strawberry Banke Museum and America's Stonehenge in Salem NH, among other tourist sites. Linda went to Rockport MA with cousins one day, and I had a day of cemetery hopping in the rain. We even visited Hanover NH and White River Junction VT in our travels (my dad attended Dartmouth for a year or two).

Here are some of my pictures from the trip.

Bob and Virginia are doing well in Salem.


Here's Virginia with daughters Diana, Beth and Debbie on the swing in Virginia's back yard.


Over at Beth's house, with Bob, Virginia, Diana, Linda, Beth and David.


Virginia, Linda and I visited Portsmouth NH for lunch at the Oar House, then stopped at Strawbery Banke for a look-see.


Virginia and I visited America's Stonehenge in North Salem on afternoon - this purports to have astronomical stone placements, but it may be a hoax. We had a nice walk, anyway.


Linda and I spent a pleasant afternoon and evening dinner with Peter, Barbie and Judy in Westford, talking about the family and especially grandchildren.


We spent three days in Augusta ME with Gerry and Jim - had several nice meals and many good laughs and memories about the family.


Dinner with Gerry and Jim at the nicest hotel in Augusta.


I visited Leominster's Evergreen Cemetery to see the Seaver stones. Here is the Frank and Hattie Seaver stone - note the two stones in the ground in front of their stone.


Ed Seaver's stone in front of the Frank Seaver stone.


Janet Seaver's stone in front of the Frank Seaver stone.


We had an enjoyable New England trip. We got home just in time for brother Stanley's birthday party.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Randy, you are truly amazing. I definetely didn't inherit the same organized traits you did. I loved seeing your pics. and its a great way to stay connected. Wish I could have been at Lucas's party. It looked fun. Did you ever get the kite up? Love to Linda.
Beth

Anonymous said...

Hi Randy
I read the whole thing, enjoyed your pictures and descriptions very much and shared the jokes and questions with my daughter and granddaughter. we laughed a lot.
Shirley

Anonymous said...

I came to Beth's to see your vacation pics etc. They were beautiful and I also enjoyed seeing the grandchildren. I had quite a laugh on the jokes and I am still chuckling.
Take care and keep up the great emails.
Cousin Virginia