Thursday, September 07, 2006

Who needs to be able to spell?

I guess this is the case for "whole word" reading in schools that I've heard about...but the student needs to know what the letters sound like, don't they?

---------------------------------------------------

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thuohgt spleling was ipmorantt !

--------------------------------------------------

The point here is that you can make out what the message is by scrambling the letters within the word, but not the first and last letters of each word.

I wonder if the CIA can decipher this method?

No comments: