Monday, March 24, 2008

Santa Cruz - Days 5 and 6

Saturday was an interesting day with Lori and the boys. The boys were up by 6:30 and we had cereal with milk, frozen pancakes, and frozen waffles. When Lori got up, she made blueberry muffins and we ate them too. We took off at about 10 a.m. and stopped at the coffee shop for chai and hot choc. We got to Henry Cowell park at about 10:45 and had to hurry to get tickets for the Roaring Camp steam train ride. We were packed into the second train with the canopy (which my head appreciated - it also protected us from the soot from the engine). We rode up the track and back - it took about 75 minutes. We had sandwiches for lunch. When we got home, the boys and I had naps. Lori left with Lucas for a nature celebration, and Logan and I took a walk, played outside and watched TV. We had left over Chinese food for dinner, and shared an ice cream cone. Lori brought Lucas home and then she went back out for the evening. The boys played, watched TV, had baths, read books, and went to bed pretty easily for me.

On Sunday morning, I was up at 6:30 with Logan and we had our breakfast while watching Disney. Lucas was up at 7:30 and Lori at 8:30. Logan helped me pack my bag, and strip the sheets off the hide-a-bed, and we were ready to go to the airport at 9:30 a.m. We stopped at a bagel shop and we got food for the car. They dropped me at the San Jose airport at 10:50 a.m., and I got through check-in and security easily. My flight was at 12:15 p.m. and it was clear all the way down to San Diego. The Sierras were off to the east, and I was able to see most of LA, the San Gabriel Valley, Orange County and coastal San Diego County from the left side of the plane. Linda picked me up and we were at the Hob Nob Hill cafe by 2 p.m. We were home by 4 p.m. I was tired from the cumulative sleep deprivation and the physical exertion of lifting and carrying my two little bundles of fun and joy.

No comments: